HOME MADE ENERGY BARS
There is no doubt that home-made energy bars are much better than store bought ones. This is because the home made bars are less sweet, cheaper, fresher and tastier. They can be eaten with morning or afternoon tea, after a workout, or while travelling. They also go well as an after school snack for kids. I sometimes include one as a surprise snack in my son’s lunch box. This is a vegan friendly bar which anybody can prepare in a short time.
- 2 ½ cups of dates, deseeded
- ½ cup of dark raisins
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of dry shredded coconut
- ½ cup of walnuts
- Put the pumpkin seeds, shredded coconuts and walnuts in a food processor and grind them until they turn into a rough powder. Add raisins and dates, then blend all the ingredients together in the food processor until everything combines and sticks together.
- Remove the mixture with your hand or a spatula, placing it all on a rectangular or square baking pan. Press down on the mixture with your hand or the spatula to create a smooth surface.
- Place it in the freeze for 1 hr.
- Then cut the bar into your desired shape.